KA2 - STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP
Europe wide, female labour market participation is lower than male one. It is well known that childbearing, care tasks, conciliation needs hinder women employment. Research has shown that many women exit the job market after childbirth. This trend is particularly strong among the more vulnerable segments of female population (e.g. low educated, low-skilled, of migrant origin)-
In order to answer to unskilled mothers’ request of help, social professionals need to set up complex and multi-layered methods of social intervention to address the social/emotional/relational roots of the unskilled mothers’ unemployment or inactivity problems.
JUMP’s target groups
- PRIMARY TARGET: social professionals (i.e. educators, counsellors, mediators, therapists, psychologist, care consultants, social anthropologists, social workers) who work on facilitating labour market participation among vulnerable social groups.
- SECONDARY TARGET: low income/low skilled (migrant) women with small children who are lone mothers and/or have never entered the work market, experience a long break in their employment path or work in low-skilled and no-protected jobs.
Objectives of JUMP’s actions
- To increase social professionals’ capacity to frame help’s request within beneficiaries’ social/cultural/relational roots.
- To provide social professionals with the tools necessary to read complexity of women work-family balance situation, also through an understanding of conciliation that goes beyond the mere provision of family care services.
- To design, test and share innovative pedagogical methods of women guidance and empowerment across the JUMP partners, relational inclusion and employability.
Project Start Date: 01-11-2016
Project End Date: 31-08-2019
- Ufficio Pio della Compagnia di San Paolo - ONLUS
- ETA BETA S.c.s. (Turin, Italy);
- CIRSDe - Università degli Studi di Torino (Turin, Italy);
- Fundación Senara (Madrid, Spain);
- CESI - Centar za edukaciju, savjetovanje i istrazivanje (Zagreb, Croatia);
- EEO Group (Athens, Greece); KMOP - Kentro Merimnas Oikogeneias kai Paidio (Athens, Greece)